PAN card is one of the most important cards along with the Aadhaar Card in India. More so for salaried individuals, because it helps in filing the Income Tax Return (ITR). It is also required to open a new bank account. For making a deposit of more than Rs 50,000 in the bank account at one time, the account holder is required to produce a valid PAN card.
The government keeps a track of the financial transactions of the citizens using the PAN card. However, sometimes one may lose the physical card issued by the government. In that case, they can apply for a PAN card online and use the e-PAN card. The process to download an e PAN card online is fairly simple.
Individuals are advised to stay cautious of one fact. According to a report by Hindustan Times, if an individual is found in the possession of more than one PAN card, a penalty of Rs 10,000 can be levied by the Income Tax Department.
How To Download e-PAN Card? Step-by-Step Guide Here
- Visit the Official Portal. https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/requestAndDownloadEPAN.html
- Click on 'Apply for PAN' and fill in the details.
- Enter the Captcha and click on 'Submit'.
- Now you will be given an option to preview the details. After verifying, click on 'Generate OTP'
- Enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number.
- Click on 'Paid e-PAN Download Facility'
- Select a payment method and pay the required amount of Rs 9.
- After payment, click on 'Continue'
- Now, download the payment receipt for PAN Card online.
- Finally, your e-PAN card will be downloaded automatically on your mobile or PC.