As we age, our body starts to lose its glow, flexibility, and strength. With time, many of us also begin to suffer from serious health issues like hypertension, diabetes, heart related issues among others.
It all starts to show physically. Our body starts to show signs of ageing in different ways. While many of us have physical ailments like joint pain, others start to look aged with those premature signs of ageing on face like wrinkles, fine lines, pigmentation among others.
Many medications, skincare products claim to reverse these signs of ageing, however, they might not really work for everyone. That's one reason why many of us turn to Yoga today. An ancient practice that has its origin in India is known to cure a lot of health and skin issues.
Practising yoga not only helps one get healthy physically but mentally too. Yoga flushes out the harmful toxins from the body, improves blood circulation, boosts immunity which all eventually keep physical ailments and skin woes at bay. Many Bollywood divas including Kareena Kapoor Khan, Madhuri Dixit, Shilpa Shetty Kundra, Alia Bhatt rely on Yoga for their health. No matter why they still look in their 20s.
Yoga is indeed the secret to the youthful look of Bollywood celebrities. There are many yoga asanas that can help one looks years younger than their age. We spoke to Priyanka Singh, Fitness Trainer and asked her to share some yoga asanas which can help one look younger. The expert said, "These yoga asanas are more effective than any skincare product. These asanas help in boosting blood circulation to the whole body, especially the face which prevents the appearance of ageing signs."
Also known as the child's pose, this yoga pose helps keep your skin fresh and young. Doing this yoga asana helps in improving health and also keeps stress at bay.
How To Do Balasana?
1. Bend your knees and sit on the ground.
2. Keep your hips on the feet.
3. Start to bend downwards and keep your head on the ground.
4. Your chest should be on your thighs.
5. Keep both your hands straight in front of your head.
6. Stay in this pose for a few seconds and then release.
Also known as the plough pose, halasana is an inverted asana in modern yoga. Practising this asana once or twice everyday helps in improving skin health.
How To Do Halasana?
1. Lie on your back. Your palms should be placed close to your body.
2. Press your palm on the floor and start to raise your legs slowly.
3. Your feet should be behind your head.
4. Support your back while bending with your palms. Stay in this posture for a few seconds and then release.
This yoga pose is also called the shoulder stand. As per the expert, doing this yoga pose helps in slowing down the ageing process. It has many variations but if you are new to yoga then you can practice this basic one.
How To Do Sarvangasana?
1. Lie down on your back.
2. Slowly start to lift your feet off the floor.
3. Then lift the pelvis area up and then back.
4. Place your hands on your back for support.
5. While doing this asana, make sure you focus on your feet.
6. Stay in the position for a few seconds.
Urdhva Dhanurasana or chakrasana helps in toning the neck and face muscles. It also reduces ageing signs like wrinkles.
How To Do Chakrasana?
1. Lie down on your yoga mat.
2. Open your legs equal to your hips. Bend them from the knees while keeping your toes on the mat.
3. Bring your hands close to your shoulders and place the palms on the ground.
4. Your hands should be in direction of your feet.
5. Inhale and lift the upper part of your body.
6. Your head should be on the mat.
7. Take a deep breath and then raise your head too.
8. Lift the waist, head completely up so that you feel the stretch on your legs, arms and waist.
9. Stay in the posture for a few seconds and then release.
10. Exhale and then come back to your regular posture.
11. Repeat the asana twice.
Apart from doing these yoga asanas, you should try removing stress from your life. Stress is a big reason behind skin issues like acne, inflammation among others. Keeping your mind stress-free will also help you keep your skin younger.
If you suffer from a back problem then make sure you consult your doctor before you start doing yoga. If you are new to yoga then you should do all these asanas under the supervision of a yoga instructor to prevent any injuries.
Remember that ageing can't be stopped but doing these asanas can prevent the appearance of ageing signs. Practising yoga asanas can help you slow down ageing and make your skin look younger.
For more such fitness-related stories, stay tuned!